Recipe by Sage
This is one of the recipes from Raising the Salad Bar, a book I received in the Cookbook Swap.This is a simple, classic combination of arugula,avocado and shaved Parmesan cheese with a lemony dressing.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful! Had a bunch of beauitiful fresh arugula in my organic share box plus some organic avocados and this salad really let the wonderful flavors shine through. Made it two nights in a row! Dressing is wonderful but could overpower the other ingredients so I'd suggest going easy on it when tossing and adding more as needed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 bunches arugula, washed and dried (about 6 cups)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil until the mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula in a serving bowl and add dressing to taste. Mix well. Top with avocado slices, drizzle a bit more dressing over them and season with a pinch of salt. Using a vegetable peeler, shave slivers of Parmesan over the top.