1/1 Photo of Aruban Rice With Chicken
An easy, simple way to fix rice from the Caribbean island of Aruba! Great served with a lettuce and tomato salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the rice to a boil, using water and chicken broth, turn down heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until done and liquid absorbed.
- 2Put the chicken leg in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to boil with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- 3Once chicken and rice are ready, shred the chicken from the bone.
- 4Fry the onion, green pepper, celery and tomato in the olive oil until it's golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the shredded chicken and the cooked rice to the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aruban Rice With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.9 g