An easy, simple way to fix rice from the Caribbean island of Aruba! Great served with a lettuce and tomato salad.
- Bring the rice to a boil, using water and chicken broth, turn down heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until done and liquid absorbed.
- Put the chicken leg in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to boil with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Once chicken and rice are ready, shred the chicken from the bone.
- Fry the onion, green pepper, celery and tomato in the olive oil until it's golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and the cooked rice to the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!