Recipe by Soup Fly *
Shhh!!! This is a secret recipe and I have it on good authority that it's the real deal. Problem is, it's just too good to keep to myself! Don't ask who let me in on the secret, though, because I'll never tell. :)
Top Review by cabroncita
This is one of my favorite sandwiches ever....I eat at Art's all the time. One suggestion though. When Art's serves the sandwich the top the meat on the bread with cooked quarted bell peppers that have been boiled or steamed until soft. The peppers really add another dimension to the sandwich...try it...you will like it!
- 3 -4 lbs rump roast
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 green peppers, cut into large pieces
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake roast in 350 degree oven until done (usually an hour& a half to two hours).
- Put water, sauce, onion, green pepper and spices in crockpot and allow them to cook on low while beef is baking.
- When beef is done, slice and put in crockpot with sauce.
- Let beef cook in sauce for 2 hours.
- Serve on french bread.