1/1 Photo of Art's Funky Grilled Cheese
I got the idea for this sandwich from Art's Tavern in Glen Arbor, MI. It's so delicious, one of my favorite ways to eat grilled cheese. For best results, use real cheese, not processed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- 2Layer bottom slice of bread with swiss cheese, tomatoes, sliced onion, and banana peppers. Top with American cheese and top slice of bread.
- 3Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
- 4Add sandwich, cooking on medium until bottom bread is crispy and you can see the butter on the top slice of bread begin to melt.
- 5Flip with a spatula and grill until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Art's Funky Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.9 mg
- Sodium 653.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g