Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our friend Art's recipe and it is pretty darn good, and fairly easy to make.
Make and share this Art's Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans (Brooks-hot)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (French's)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Brown ground chuck with onions until completely brown and cooked.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir well and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until heated through.
This is delicious! I used the ingredients listed, but made a couple changes as a personal choice... I easily halved the batch and used only about a half pound of meat and added an extra can of chili beans. I liked the addition of cumin to this as well. Let it simmer on low for a couple hours and enjoyed a great bowl of chili for dinner! Thanks for sharing the recipe!:) Made for PAC Spring 09