Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our friend Art's recipe and it is pretty darn good, and fairly easy to make.
- 2 -3 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans (Brooks-hot)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (French's)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Brown ground chuck with onions until completely brown and cooked.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir well and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until heated through.
This is delicious! I used the ingredients listed, but made a couple changes as a personal choice... I easily halved the batch and used only about a half pound of meat and added an extra can of chili beans. I liked the addition of cumin to this as well. Let it simmer on low for a couple hours and enjoyed a great bowl of chili for dinner! Thanks for sharing the recipe!:) Made for PAC Spring 09