Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
No one is sure how this heady concoction originated but Chatham Artillery members believe that gentle ladies made up the first beverage. Then one by one officers of the Artillery sneaked in and added this and that, thus creating Savannah's most noted drink.
- 32 ounces Bourbon
- 32 ounces dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Burgundy, etc...)
- 32 ounces strong black tea
- 16 ounces dark rum
- 16 ounces fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces brandy
- 8 ounces gin
- 8 ounces lemon juice
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Stir together all the liquid ingredients; add sugar to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour mixture into a punch bowl over a block or ring of ice.
- Float orange and lemon slices on the surface.