Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I picked this up off of a card in a grocery store, it looks really good!
- 3 medium artichokes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- assorted lettuce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese
- Wash artichokes; trim off stem and any small leaves.
- Cut off one-quarter of the leaf tips.
- Quarter artichokes; use a spoon to scrape out the fuzzy choke.
- In a Dutch oven cook artichokes and 2 tablespoons of vinegar, covered, in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or tender and a leaf pulls off easily.
- Drain; rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together remaining vinaigrette, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Arrange artichoke quarters on a serving platter or individual plates lined with lettuce, if desired.
- Spoon dressing mixture over artichokes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
This gets my 5 for family picks 08 - love artichokes and the combinations are excellent thanks for sharing