Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Makes a delicious sandwich spread, too! This is very good and dip can be used with raw vegetables, pita chips, or cocktail crisps, as well.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 artichokes (1 lb)
- 12 cups water
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped in 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fines herbes (or combination of parsley and chives)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely crumbled boursin cheese or 1 tablespoon finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon capers (optional)
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- Broil for 10 mins or until blackened.
- Place in a zip-lock plastic bag; seal.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel and set aside.
- Cut off artichokes stems, and remove bottom leaves.
- Trim about 1" from tops of artichokes.
- Bring water, lemon slices, bay leaf and garlic to a boil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add artichokes; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 mins or until leaf near the center of each artichoke pulls out easily.
- Drain well; discard lemon, bay leaf and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Combine bell peppers, oil, mustard, and vinegar in a blender; process until smooth.
- Combine bell pepper mixture, fines herbes or combo of chives and parsley, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Spoon 2/3 cup into a serving bowl; sprinkle with boursin or feta, and capers, if using.
- Serve with artichokes.
- Cover and chill remaining dip.