- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim stems of artichokes so they stand upright in a pot with 3 inches of boiling water.
- Cover and steam 30-40 minutes until tender. Drain.
- In a small saucepan simmer the wine and garlic until reduced by half.
- Add lemon juice and herbs and reduce heat.
- Slowly add butter stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Serve with artichokes.