Recipe by Manami
This recipe looks so good and anything with that amount of garlic must be good! Haven't tried it as yet. mealsforyou.
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, bulb cloves separated and peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place artichoke hearts in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover saucepan and steam 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Remove steamer basket from saucepan and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Sauté garlic 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and tender.
- Season with salt, black pepper & crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Transfer garlic to a platter and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium and sauté bell peppers 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add artichoke hearts and sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and serve.