Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an easy starter that combines two of my favorite ingredients- artichoke hearts, and clams! If you can't find Spanish preserved artichoke hearts, substitute canned quartered artichoke hearts. Posted for ZWT5
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and lightly brown, but be careful not to burn!
- Add the flour, and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the wine and stock.
- Add the clams, cover and cook until the clams open,.
- Add the artichoke hearts, and continue to cook until they are heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Both artichokes and clams are two of my favorite things as well, so I was eager to try this recipe. I made exactly as written, using canned, quartered artichokes, fish stock, and littleneck clams. While it was tasty, I was hoping for a little bit more robust taste. All the ingredients are there, so I am going to try cherrystone clams next time, which are a bit larger and I feel would absorb and retain the wonderful flavor combinations here. Made for ZWT5 by a Groovy GastroGnome.