Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Glycemic Index Snacks Serves 8
Make and share this Artichokes With Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In large skillet over medium high, cook onion in oil.
- Add artichokes, garlic, tomatoes, fennel seed and sun dried tomatoes and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, basil and remaining oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.