I love artichokes. This recipe is delicious with poached eggs and a tangy sauce - a wonderful light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained,minced
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornichons, minced (gherkins)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large artichokes (if using fresh, prepare in usual manner, you can also use frozen)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 freshly-poached eggs
- 1Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl.
- 2Season to taste.
- 3Clean artichokes using lemon to prevent discolouration.
- 4Place artichoke hearts in heavy saucepan.
- 5Fill with cold water.
- 6Cover and boil until tender, approximately 30 minutes, drain and blot dry.
- 7Arrange 1 artichoke bottom on each plate.
- 8Top each with poached egg.
- 9Spoon mayonnaise over and serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichokes Parisienne
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.6 mg
- Sodium 640.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 12.8 g