Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love artichokes. This recipe is delicious with poached eggs and a tangy sauce - a wonderful light meal.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained,minced
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornichons, minced (gherkins)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large artichokes (if using fresh, prepare in usual manner, you can also use frozen)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 freshly-poached eggs
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Clean artichokes using lemon to prevent discolouration.
- Place artichoke hearts in heavy saucepan.
- Fill with cold water.
- Cover and boil until tender, approximately 30 minutes, drain and blot dry.
- Arrange 1 artichoke bottom on each plate.
- Top each with poached egg.
- Spoon mayonnaise over and serve with crusty bread.