Recipe by NYSherri
I use this for special meals such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. I also, remove any tough spots from the outer edges, if any, of the artichoke.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large, heavy skillet.
- Saute mushrooms in butter until golden*.
- *Halfway thru sprinkle mushrooms with salt, sweet basil, oregano and garlic powder.
- Stir in bread crumbs and lemon juice; mix well.
- Arrange artichoke hearts in greased shallow baking dish.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over artichokes.
- Sprinkle cheese over all.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned.