Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love artichokes and love finding new and diffrent ways of preparing them. This is quite good.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Saute the onion and green pepper in oil until soft.
- Cut up the artichoke hearts.
- Mix artichoke hearts with the onion/pepper mixture and turn into a 1 1/2 Quart casserole.
- Beat egg slightly. Add the sour cream and seasonings to the egg and mix.
- Pour over the artichokes in casserole.
- Sprinkle the crushed Ritz crackers on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 20-25 minutes.
- Serves 4.
- Tip: To serve 12 use 3 large (14 oz) cans of the artichokes but only double the rest of the ingredients.
This was really good, and finally something to do with those canned artichoke hearts I always have in the pantry but don't seem to use very often. Next time I think I'll add a some cheese, maybe pepper jack. Mmmmmmm!