Recipe by ChristianNurse
Perfect artichokes, ready in just 8 minutes! From Cuisinart recipe booklet
Top Review by pilgrimcook
I was so excited when I realized I could cook artichokes in a pressure cooker! I put garlic cloves inbetween several leaves, add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tsp of salt to about two cups of water. Cut the artichokes in half and cook anywhere from 7 1/2 minutes to 8 1/2 minutes depending on the size of the articokes. we love these and the pressure cooker cuts the time by a fourth.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup of water with the juice of one lemon in the cooking pot.
- Prepare artichokes. Cut stem off at base, cut 1/3 off the top, and trim off outer layers of tough leaves.
- (Optional step is to open up leaves at the top and remove the choke with a melon baller or spoon.
- Rub the cut parts of the artichoke with the remaining lemon halves. Place them top down in the pot.
- Lock lid in place. Set for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- Serve immediately with melted butter or your favorite dipping sauce.