I found this recipe in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette in December 2005. It is originally a recipe from "Stylish One-Dish Dinners" It is so delicious and not at all hard to make, the end results are elegant and also beautiful to look at.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- salsa, cruda
- 6 ounces artichokes, drained, I use the marinated ones
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Salsa Cruda:.
- 2In medium bowl separate tuna into large pieces.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix trying not to break up tuna.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Prepare pasta:.
- 6In a 10 quart pot, bring the water to a brisk boil.
- 7Add salt and stir in the pasta.
- 8When the water returns to a boil, begin timing and cook al dente, according to the package directions.
- 9Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- 10Drain pasta, but do not rinse.
- 11Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- 12Stir in reserved pasta cooking water to keep the pasta from sticking to itself.
- 13Add salsa cruda and toss.
- 14Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichokes, Capers, Olives, Lemon Zest, and Italian Tuna, Shells
Serving Size: 1 (2347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.8
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 6483.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 68.3 g