Recipe by mandabears
I found this recipe in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette in December 2005. It is originally a recipe from "Stylish One-Dish Dinners" It is so delicious and not at all hard to make, the end results are elegant and also beautiful to look at.
- 8 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- salsa, cruda
- 6 ounces artichokes, drained, I use the marinated ones
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cansitalian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Salsa Cruda:.
- In medium bowl separate tuna into large pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix trying not to break up tuna.
- Set aside.
- Prepare pasta:.
- In a 10 quart pot, bring the water to a brisk boil.
- Add salt and stir in the pasta.
- When the water returns to a boil, begin timing and cook al dente, according to the package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta, but do not rinse.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Stir in reserved pasta cooking water to keep the pasta from sticking to itself.
- Add salsa cruda and toss.
- Garnish with parsley.