Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this one night to satisfy both my husband's wish for an olive oil-based pasta dish, and my craving for artichokes. We really enjoyed this hot and also the next day for lunch as a cold pasta salad. Cooking times are approximate since I didn't keep track, but it is a fairly good guess. Everything should only be cooked until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- 4 ounces small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives or 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced (I used red but use whatever's on hand)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat; add garlic and onion and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add olives, bell pepper, pepperoncini, and white wine and cook for about 3 minutes (reduce heat if necessary).
- Add artichokes with their liquid and tomatoes, cook for another 3 minutes, or until liquid reduces.
- Remove from heat; stir in pasta, herbs, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Top with feta cheese and serve.
Great weeknight dish that comes together quickly and easily. It makes superb leftovers to boot, reheated or cold. I have omitted or subbed different things depending on what ingredients I have on hand and it's always a success. Thanks, kburie!
This made a great light lunch that filled you up without fealing heavy. The leftovers saved nicely for cold pasta salad the next day.
This was really good and quick to make. I threw some leftover chicken in and my whole family enjoyed it.