1 hr 15 mins
An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Andre Poirot of Begue's, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series. Cooking time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 8 artichoke hearts, cooked (canned is fine)
- 1 (16 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and julienned
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and julienned
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, leaves separated and cut into shreds
- 16 cherry tomatoes, stemmed and quartered
- 1To make the vinaigrette: whisk all the ingredients together until emulsified.
- 2To make the salad: Combine first four ingredients together in a salad bowl with 3/4 cup of the vinaigrette.
- 3Let marinate for an hour.
- 4To serve, line the rims of four chilled salad plates with a few pretty romaine leaves.
- 5In the center of each plate, place 1/2 cup lettuce and top with 1/4 of the marinated vegetable mixture.
- 6Garnish with cherry tomatoes and drizzle a little of the remaining vinaigrette over the romaine leaves.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichokes and Hearts of Palm Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g