Recipe by Daydream
The ingredients in this dish combine beautifully. Perfect for a special occasion (or when my Mum feels like spoiling Dad :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Gruyere, Cheddar, Swiss - your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat, and add mustard, ham and mushrooms.
- Saute, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Stir in cheese, cream and artichokes.
- Heat gently until cheese melts and mixture is well blended.
- Serve over freshly cooked egg noodles.