Recipe by KookieMomster
I had such a hard time finding instructions on how to make plain artichokes, I thought that I would share. This is no thriller, but it is basic.
Top Review by MsRae
Thank You!, I too was looking for a basic recipe. This was it. I do like to use a mayo based dip for them. I season my mayo for whatever mood I'm in at the time. (a little curry, chili power, or soy, just use your imagination...)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non reactive mixing bowl combine lemon juice and 6 cups water.
- Pour remaining water into large pot and bring to boil.
- You will need a steaming basket.
- To prepare artichokes ONE AT A TIME cut off stems, peel off outer leaves until yellow leaves show, cut off top 1 inch so that you can see the inner flower, place in bowl.
- (This keeps them from turning brown) When all are prepared, put them in steamer basket over pot and cover.
- They are done when fork tender.