Recipe by MilanzMom
If you love beans, you will LOVE this recipe. I also used a can of great northern beans and omitted the croutons to lower the calories. [Adapted from the Culinary Institute of America].
Top Review by Let's Cook!
quick and simple... but the flavor was a bit too bland for me (I used navy beans). I ended up adding a little more garlic and some dijon mustard - 1/2 tsp or less. This alone was good, but then I added 1/2 tsp curry and it was a whole new soup. Warm comfort food! My 2 year old couldn't get enough of it. This soup is ok alone, and a great base to add favorite flavors to.
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, canned, drained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, canned, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped of fresh mint, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fat free croutons, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree artichoke hearts and beans in the food processor.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and saute.
- Add the artichoke/bean puree and the broth and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with mint and croutons.