Recipe by dicentra
This is from Rachael Ray’s 365: No Repeats cook book. I usually have artichoke hearts in the pantry, so this would be an easy dinner for me to throw together. I haven’t tried it yet. I love peppery arugula, but you could also make this with spinach.
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 ounces walnut pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the nuts, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, cheese, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pulse until chopped.
- Stream in the olive oil until the pesto forms.
- It should be thick and paste-like in consistency.
- Place the pesto in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Drain the pasta and add the hot pasta to the bowl.
- Add the arugula and toss to wilt the greens and evenly coat the pasta with the pesto.
- Adjust the salt and pepper and serve hot.