This is from Rachael Ray’s 365: No Repeats cook book. I usually have artichoke hearts in the pantry, so this would be an easy dinner for me to throw together. I haven’t tried it yet. I love peppery arugula, but you could also make this with spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Cook the pasta until al dente.
- 3In the bowl of a food processor combine the nuts, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, cheese, pepper and nutmeg.
- 4Pulse until chopped.
- 5Stream in the olive oil until the pesto forms.
- 6It should be thick and paste-like in consistency.
- 7Place the pesto in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- 8Drain the pasta and add the hot pasta to the bowl.
- 9Add the arugula and toss to wilt the greens and evenly coat the pasta with the pesto.
- 10Adjust the salt and pepper and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Walnut Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.3
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 555.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of