Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
these can be served as an app. or as a main dish
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon natural sea salt
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Combine first 7 ingriedients and pulse until fine chopped but still a little chunky.
- Process bread to make breadcrumbs.
- combine everything together, leaving aside a little of the artichoke mixture.
- With an ice cream scooop, scoop meat mixture unto balls and place on microwave safe dish.
- cover with parchment paper and cook on high 9 minutes or until meat has reached an internal temperature of 160.
- roll balls in the rest of the artichoke mixture.