Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve Italian bread or hard rolls with this main dish salad. This is also a perfect salad to serve using leftover roast turkey, chicken, pork or beef...any of which will work nicely. Recipe courtesy of CooksRecipes.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, reserve marinade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh button mushrooms, halved
- 8 ounces unsliced deli turkey, cubed
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces colby cheese, cubed 1/2-inch
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In small bowl stir together reserved marinade, vinegar and pepper.
- In large bowl toss together all remaining ingredients. Add half of marinade mixture; toss to coat. Serve with remaining marinade mixture.
This was good, but the marinated artichoke hearts made it really rich. Next time, I might try using only one jar of artichoke hearts and replacing the marinade that would have come from that jar with some olive oil. The dressing was a little thin and pooled at the bottom. It would be a great salad for summer.