Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
The mozzarella cheese is only optional, I like to sprinkle a small amount on the top after broiling, adjust the garlic amount to suit taste, use *only* Roma (plum) tomatoes for this or the mixture will be too watery.
- 1 -2 roma tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 -6 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 French baguette (cut into 1/3 inch thick slices)
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a bowl mix together chopped tomatoes with garlic, chopped artichokes, Parmesan cheese, chopped onion and mayonnaise; mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste (adjust the amount of mayonnaise if desired).
- Top each slice of bread with equal amounts of the tomato mixture (make certain to cover the bread slice completely with the mixture or the bread will burn).
- Place the slices onto a large baking sheet.
- broil for about 2 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle lightly with finely shredded mozzarealla cheese if desired.
I enjoyed this for a late supper last night! I halved the recipe. Thanks Kitz! Made for your cookathon. Get well!
This was quite good! I wasn't sure I'd like the mayo at all (didn't really fit my idea of a bruschetta) but it was really very good! I only added 1 tablespoon low-fat mayo, and couldn't find marinated artichoke hearts at the store so I used a can of plain artichokes that I sprinkled with marjoram, thyme and fresh basil. In the end I did sprinkle on a little balsamic vinegar when I served this though, as I couldn't imagine eating bruschetta without vinegar:) Otherwise I added 3 roma tomatoes and spread this on two large rolls, sort of open-faced-sandwich style. It turned out great! BF and I ate it for supper. This was so easy and good I'll make this again (but probably without the mayo and with vinegar):D Thanks Kitten!
This was fantastic!! I also couldn't find unmarinated artichokes, so I added 1/4 tsp each...thyme, marjoram and basil.