The mozzarella cheese is only optional, I like to sprinkle a small amount on the top after broiling, adjust the garlic amount to suit taste, use *only* Roma (plum) tomatoes for this or the mixture will be too watery.
- 1 -2 roma tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 -6 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 French baguette (cut into 1/3 inch thick slices)
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a bowl mix together chopped tomatoes with garlic, chopped artichokes, Parmesan cheese, chopped onion and mayonnaise; mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste (adjust the amount of mayonnaise if desired).
- Top each slice of bread with equal amounts of the tomato mixture (make certain to cover the bread slice completely with the mixture or the bread will burn).
- Place the slices onto a large baking sheet.
- broil for about 2 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle lightly with finely shredded mozzarealla cheese if desired.