Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tea sandwiches are extremely flavorful with a little kick to them! I like them so much that I make a batch and just make regular sandwiches for lunch. The spread can keep for several days in the fridge. This recipe came from my Saveur Magazine.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, in water, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 slices white sandwich bread or 20 slices wheat sandwich bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together the artichokes, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly among 10 slices of bread, top each with remaining bread slices and cut off crusts with a serrated edge knife. Cut each sandwich diagonally to create two triangles.
- Transfer to a platter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight to soften before serving.