- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 eggs, poached
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice hearts thin and place in bowl with one quart of water and 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Grind the cumin seeds and toast for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Poach the eggs in the vinegar. Keep warm after removing from water.
- Heat the garlic and parsley in oil or a bit of broth. Add the artichokes, vegetable stock, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place on serving plate with eggs. Drizzle with flavored oil.