1 hr 10 mins
A delicious savory tart. This is an adopted recipe and will require some editing before I would recommend it being made as written. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- freshly ground ground pepper
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Begin the walnut pastry: process walnuts until coarsely ground.
- 3Add flour and salt, then place pieces of butter atop dry ingredients in the processor bowl and pulse briefly until pea-sized.
- 4Add egg and process just until mixture begins to hold together.
- 5Remove dough from processor and shape into a flattened disc; roll dough large enough to fit into 10 inch quiche or tart pan. Place crust in pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- 6Line chilled pastry with large sheet of aluminum foil and fill with beans or pie weights. Pre-bake crust for 15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- 7Begin the filling: saute scallions and garlic in butter until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Combine chopped artichoke hearts, scallion and garlic mixture, cream, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- 9Sprinkle grated cheese over the bottom of the partially baked crust.
- 10Pour filling over the cheese and bake the tart for 35 minutes until golden and slightly puffy.
- 11Let tart rest 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Tart in Walnut Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.8
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 202.5 mg
- Sodium 353.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g