1/1 Photo of Artichoke Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
Shannon Holmes's Note:
Mark loves this pizza, I make half this pizza and half the green pepper, onion, olive, and mushroom pizza. The herbs measurements are approximate, use to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons yeast (can use rapid rise)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 cups flour (can do half white and half wheat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 4 ounces hunt tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -5 marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 medium onion, cut in thin slivers
- 3 mushrooms, sliced thin (optional)
- 10 black olives, sliced thin (optional)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil, reconstitute in
- hot water, for about 15 minutes to soften
- 1 (12 ounce) package soy mozzarella cheese or 1 (12 ounce) package vegan mozzarella cheese or 1 (12 ounce) package vegan mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1Mix water with yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl, set aside for 5 minutes to let it bloom.
- 2Add the garlic, oil, salt and herbs.
- 3Add about 1 1/2-2 cups flour, mix well.
- 4Pour onto a floured board, add remaining flour as needed, knead for about 5 minutes (this dough is really soft).
- 5Cover with the mixing bowl.
- 6Let rise about 20-30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 7Punch dough down, knead on lightly floured board, set aside.
- 8Coat your pizza pan with olive oil.
- 9Place the dough in pan, roll out in pan.
- 10Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 11Spoon and spread the dough with the sauce.
- 12Sprinkle with the herbs and seasonings.
- 13Decorate with the artichokes, olives, onions, black olives,.
- 14and sundried tomatoes.
- 15Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 16Cook until bottom in golden, spray crust with the cooking spray, broil for about 1 minute to melt cheese and make it bubbly.
- 17Let stand 2 minutes, cut and enjoy.
- 18FYI, you can also make this pizza with some chopped, drained and defrosted spinach instead of the artichoke hearts and it is just as fantabulous.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 569.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs
soy mozzarella cheese