Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the Nov 2001 issue of Southern Living and thought I would share it with you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse and pat dry the mushrooms.
- Remove stems and chop, reserve caps.
- Saute mushroom stems, onion and garlic in oil, in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook 2 minutes till liquid evaporates.
- Stir in crumbs.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine onion mixture, artichokes and next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon 1 tsp into each cap.
- Place on lightly greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake 350F for 12-15 minutes or till golden.
These are great! I have made them a few times now. Before proceeding with the recipe, I coat the shrooms in some oil, then roast round side up on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes. This gets rid of the extra moisture. Sometimes I use half Asiago cheese and half Parmesan. Pefect appy for the holidays! Thanks for posting, Shirl.
So good!!!!! This is a great recipe for stuffed mushrooms!! I like how the stems don't get wasted and they are used to make a delicious filling along with the artichokes!!! I used Ian's whole wheat panko bread crumbs (you can get them at Whole Foods) and I actually forgot to put the green onions in until it was too late so I used them as garnish. They didn't need them, they were totally great!!! Thanks for this recipe!!!!