Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken Breasts stuffed with Artichoke Mixture
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (7 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, with skin (ask the meat man at your local supermarket to do this)
- in a saute pan, cook oil, thyme, and pepper flakes over med-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Drain, rinse, and coarsely chop artichoke heats and add them to the saute pan along with the garlic, salt and pepper and cook 3-4 min more. Remove from heat stir in goat cheese, tomato and basil. Mix evenly and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken breast to 1/4 in thick. Place breasts skin side down and spread 1/4 of the stuffing over each breast, fold breasts in half and hold closed with toothpicks.
- Brush or spray with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper, and grill over med heat until cheese melts and chicken is fully cooked.
This was FANTASTIC! I made it for a family get together and everyone LOVED it. It can be a lot of work, but I had a lot of help so it was fun. Next time, if I have to do it alone, I will make the filling one day prior. I didnâ€™t have fresh basil, so I used one tsp dried basil. I used a tablespoon of fresh thyme instead of dried. I only had frozen chicken breast w/ out skin, they work just fine. We made two batches, one with the meat tenderized and another where we cut through half the breast and stuffed it. The tenderized pieces had better texture and flavor. I will definitely make this again! Thank you!
I used this recipe many years ago and it's incredible. It's a little work but well worth the effort. It's a very nice company dish and can be made ahead of time and served cold on mesclun lettuce as a salad.