Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken Breasts stuffed with Artichoke Mixture
Make and share this Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (7 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, with skin (ask the meat man at your local supermarket to do this)
- in a saute pan, cook oil, thyme, and pepper flakes over med-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Drain, rinse, and coarsely chop artichoke heats and add them to the saute pan along with the garlic, salt and pepper and cook 3-4 min more. Remove from heat stir in goat cheese, tomato and basil. Mix evenly and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken breast to 1/4 in thick. Place breasts skin side down and spread 1/4 of the stuffing over each breast, fold breasts in half and hold closed with toothpicks.
- Brush or spray with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper, and grill over med heat until cheese melts and chicken is fully cooked.