Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is based on Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken Breasts, and I thought I would try it a bit differently one night. It's done basically the same, just roasted red bell pepper and Provolone cheese on top, instead of mozzarella. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, divided (sliced in strips)
- italian seasoning (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line sheet pan with aluminum foil and treat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice chicken breast in half carefully and open up to a larger piece (butterfly).
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Mix next 7 ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup mozz cheese for the topping.
- Place 1 Tbsp of filling on each opened breast and fold over gently (egg roll-style)
- Bake for 30 min or until chicken is done. (this could vary due to the thickness of the chicken breast and your oven).
- Take out and top each breast with half of sliced red pepper and one slice of Provolone cheese, and italian seasoning.
- Put back in the oven for 5 - 10 min, or until cheese just starts to melt.
This recipe is so wonderful! I was timid to try it but I'm glad I did. My 4 year old even ate it up. It is also a beautiful dish. I plan to make this again tomorrow for some special dinner guests.