Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love artichokes, especially when they're marinated and this recipe looked like it would be yummy! No, I haven't tried it, but the holidays are just around the corner and that means parties! And parties mean food and this recipe gives me an idea of what to bring!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry.
- Use some of the drained oil to saute onion in frying pan, until onion is tender.
- Chop artichokes.
- (May be chopped in food processor).
- Beat eggs; add crushed crackers and seasonings.
- Stir in cheese, artichokes and onion.
- Pour into greased 7 x 11-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Serve as finger food.
This is good cut up in small cubes and served with toothpicks as an appetizer. Good, easy, I did not add the parsley and did not find it to be bland. I have also added a 4 ounce can of green chiles, well drained and at times have eliminated the onion.
I've got to disagree with Bergy on this one, I thought this was a great pupu (appetizer)! I used dried bread crumbs instead of the crushed crackers, but otherwise followed the directions as written. I will think of Martha when I make this now.
Oz Martha like you I just loved the sound of this recipe but I was disappointed with it. It looks great, cuts nicely into squares but is very bland in flavor. I served the squares warm with hot chili sauce on the side (no I don't think that all dishes need to be hot to be good). I don't know what to do to perk up the taste I will be interedted to hear what you think of it when you try it.. I have put a few in the freezer to test if they freeze well