Recipe by SilentCricket
I love artichokes, especially when they're marinated and this recipe looked like it would be yummy! No, I haven't tried it, but the holidays are just around the corner and that means parties! And parties mean food and this recipe gives me an idea of what to bring!
Top Review by mandabears
This is good cut up in small cubes and served with toothpicks as an appetizer. Good, easy, I did not add the parsley and did not find it to be bland. I have also added a 4 ounce can of green chiles, well drained and at times have eliminated the onion.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichokes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 6 soda crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry.
- Use some of the drained oil to saute onion in frying pan, until onion is tender.
- Chop artichokes.
- (May be chopped in food processor).
- Beat eggs; add crushed crackers and seasonings.
- Stir in cheese, artichokes and onion.
- Pour into greased 7 x 11-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Serve as finger food.