Recipe by Chilicat
This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company. It blends marinated artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a beautiful baked appetizer.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 11x7x1-inch pan. Preheat electric oven to 350°F.
- Chop artichokes.
- In a skillet, heat butter; saute onion, garlic and mushrooms until onion is clear.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir in artichokes, mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set when when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly in pan. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.