Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company. It blends marinated artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a beautiful baked appetizer.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease an 11x7x1-inch pan. Preheat electric oven to 350°F.
- Chop artichokes.
- In a skillet, heat butter; saute onion, garlic and mushrooms until onion is clear.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir in artichokes, mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set when when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly in pan. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.