Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great tasting vegetable soup.
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package spinach (thawed)
- 2 (13 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (I use fat free)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- feta cheese (low fat)
- salt and pepper
- In a pot, put spinach and artichokes with vegetable stock, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile,in a skillet, melt butter and sauté onion, add it to vegetable stock.
- Slowly whisk mushroom soup into mixture;then slowly whisk in half and half.
- You may add a small additional amount of half and half if it is to thick.
- When the soup is made to your desired consistency, remove from heat and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve in a soup bowl and top with feta cheese just before serving.
A very good idea I think I leave out the onions and change the cheese to Parmesan.
This is a really nice lunch. Very quick and easy. No need to change anything. I will definitely make this again.