Recipe by NurseJaney
This might have been in TOH, but my neighbor made this recently for pitch-in party. It was so pleasing to the eye and colorful, that we all enjoyed it even before eating. The dressing was just perfect, used sparingly, and everyone copied her recipe.
Top Review by mersaydees
Simple, lovely, and delicious. My DH says this is the best spinach salad I've ever made for him and that's quite a compliment coming from him! Thanks, NurseJaney. Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #43.
- 12 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and quartered
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- For dressing, combine vinegar,sugar, salt, mustard, and onion in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing.