1/6 Photos of Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
A great option for vegetarian lasagna. You will greatly enjoy the mix of vegetables in this dish! *Note: pasta sauce can be a white or red but I have found that if I'm freezing it, that the red works out best for me...none the less, I believe the original recipe does call for a white sauce. Thanks Marg (CaymanDesigns) for pointing it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cooking spray
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese with garlic and herbs, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 4Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 5Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high.
- 6Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp.
- 7Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- 8Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in pasta sauce.
- 10Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles.
- 11Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles.
- 12Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- 13Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
- 14Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- 15Uncover, and bake 15 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly.
- 16Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- 17To freeze: Bake, cool, wrap well, and label. freeze up to 2 months. *Note: You can assemble and freeze without cooking and cook on the day to be eaten!
- 18To serve, defrost overnight and then bake until warmed through, or bake from frozen for 1 hour and a half.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 1044.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
feta cheese with garlic and herbs