Recipe by Erin #2
This is a home-made version of Basha Artichoke Spinach Hommus. I love it but live too far away from Cosco to get it, so I made up my own.
Top Review by KLHquilts
This was GREAT!!!! I might try adding another tablespoon of artichokes next time; the flavor was more mild than I'd anticipated. And I didn't have frozen spinach, so I cooked up some leftover fresh spinach that I hadn't known what I'd do with. The flavors were really wonderful -- thanks so much for coming up with this!
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained (chick-peas)
- 44.37 ml tahini
- 29.58 ml marinated artichoke hearts
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml water
- 1 garlic clove, large, minced
- 2.46 ml salt (or sea salt to taste)
- 29.58 ml frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained well
- 1.23 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for spinach in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir finely chopped spinach into mixture.
- This will thicken after refrigeration, and is good for at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator (I've never had any last beyond then!).
- I serve with reduced-fat Triscuits for a high fiber lunch.