Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a home-made version of Basha Artichoke Spinach Hommus. I love it but live too far away from Cosco to get it, so I made up my own.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chick-peas)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, large, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or sea salt to taste)
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- Mix all ingredients except for spinach in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir finely chopped spinach into mixture.
- This will thicken after refrigeration, and is good for at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator (I've never had any last beyond then!).
- I serve with reduced-fat Triscuits for a high fiber lunch.
This was GREAT!!!! I might try adding another tablespoon of artichokes next time; the flavor was more mild than I'd anticipated. And I didn't have frozen spinach, so I cooked up some leftover fresh spinach that I hadn't known what I'd do with. The flavors were really wonderful -- thanks so much for coming up with this!