Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good lowfat version of a crustless quiche that I adapted from several recipes. Fat can be further reduced by using canned artichoke hearts in water.
- 1 cup egg substitute (equivilant to 4 eggs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 single wheat saltine crackers
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped and dried
- cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes or hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1 TB oil.
- Saute onion several minutes in reserved oil then add spinach until wilted.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, crackers, seasonings and cheeses.
- Stir in onion-spinach mixture and artichokes.
- Pour evenly into 1-1/2- 2 quart pan sprayed with PAM.
- Bake at 325-350 1 hour or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
EASY to make. I added mushrooms and other seasonings, though. It turned out GREAT. Everyone asked for the recipe!