1 hr 10 mins
Diane in Denver's Note:
This is a very good lowfat version of a crustless quiche that I adapted from several recipes. Fat can be further reduced by using canned artichoke hearts in water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup egg substitute (equivilant to 4 eggs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 single wheat saltine crackers
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped and dried
- cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes or hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1 TB oil.
- 2Saute onion several minutes in reserved oil then add spinach until wilted.
- 3In large bowl, whisk eggs, crackers, seasonings and cheeses.
- 4Stir in onion-spinach mixture and artichokes.
- 5Pour evenly into 1-1/2- 2 quart pan sprayed with PAM.
- 6Bake at 325-350 1 hour or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 324.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g