Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy recipe as you use frozen bread dough but the results are fabulous!
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed (16 oz)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine feta, cream cheese, oregano, salt, artichoke, spinach, garlic& egg in a large bowl.
- Stir till well blended.
- Roll dough into a 16x10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread spinach mixture over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around sides.
- Roll up dough, jelly roll fashion, starting with the long sides.
- Pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place roll seam side down, on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cut diagonal slits into the top of the roll using a sharp knife.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the roll and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Yumm! Feta cheese and artichokes - two of my all time favorite ingredients! You just cannot go wrong with this combination. The bread was extremely easy to prepare and looked and tasted wonderful. The only modification I made was to brush the top of the bread with a little olive oil prior to adding the parmesan cheese. Great recipe, Cher!
Holy COW! This is fabulous! I love feta as well, and I had artichokes for the first time recently, and was thoroughly pleased with them. I have been on a huge artichoke eating spree LOL so this totally hit the spot. I love spinach/artichoke pizza (something I had for the first time recently) so I knew that Id love this bread. The flavors in this were just fabulous; thoroughly enjoyed by all. :)