Recipe by LainieBug
The marinated artichokes add a little bit of tang. I created this because I wanted something unusual and with more zip.
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons uncle dan's classic ranch dressing mix (this is a dry mix in a packet or envelope)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed &, squeezed of liquid
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Let dip sit in refrigerator overnight to meld flavors.
- To serve: Slice top off a loaf of round bread and hollow out,leaving a 1-inch shell.
- Spoon dip into bread "bowl".
- Serve with thinly sliced baguettes.
- Note: The artichokes are slippery to chop, but worth the effort. Remove and discard any tough artichoke leaves when chopping.
- I'm estimating the servings.