Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with Pita chips. Yum
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.16 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (793.78 g) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 473.18 ml jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan. Whisk in flour: cook over medium heat 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot-pepper sauce: cook whisking 1-2 minutes or until mixture is very thick. Let cool: stir occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Process garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach in food processor until very smooth. Stir into cooked sauce. Reserve 3 Tblsp cheese. Stir remaining cheese into mixture. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes or until heated.