Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve with Pita chips. Yum
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan. Whisk in flour: cook over medium heat 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot-pepper sauce: cook whisking 1-2 minutes or until mixture is very thick. Let cool: stir occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Process garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach in food processor until very smooth. Stir into cooked sauce. Reserve 3 Tblsp cheese. Stir remaining cheese into mixture. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes or until heated.