Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from my Beth Bowen's favorites ( her husband was governor of Indiana). A great take along dish that is always licked clean.
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Drain and halve artichoke hearts; saute in butter,then cool.
- Cook spinach as directed on package (microwave or stovetop); drain well.
- Mix spinach with artichoke hearts,cream cheese, salt, pepper and onions.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with swiss cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Although I added two ingredients which I adore with onion and therefore add whenever I can - garlic and leeks - I knew I would be in a spinach lover's heaven with this recipe! And this was just so superbly delicious! :) I minced the onion and garlic and sliced the leek thinly and sauteed them with the artichoke hearts. I made the dish up to the end of step four, minus the cream cheese, then left it in the fridge overnight. It was just so easy to add the cream cheese (I used low-fat), complete this and get it in the oven on the following evening. The Swiss cheese and the paprika were the perfect complement to the other ingredients. We were SO pleased there were leftovers. I'll be making this often, BakinBaby: thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
I cut this recipe in half BUT used the entire amount of artichoke hearts. This was quick and easy and very good. Made for November's Whine and Cheese Tag.