Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking.
- 1 lb mushroom, fresh, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and broth over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Place half of the artichoke in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the spinach mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper; dollop over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
I love this recipe! I found it years ago, but I don't know where. It's like eating spinach and artichoke dip for a meal (I must confess, I've done that before). Thank you so much for posting this!