Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for RSC#11. My friends at work loved it.
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drain and cut
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pine nuts
- In a casserole dish add artichoke hearts, spinach, shallots and garlic.
- In a pan melt the butter,then add the flour, whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the milk and cheese, continue stirring, (low heat).
- When cheese is melted pour over artichokes.
- Add pine nuts on top of cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at approx 350°F.
4 stars. This was pretty good. I made the recipe as written. I think the shallots I buy are larger than than the you buy because 2 large shallots was way too much for me. I couldn't even taste the garlic. The overall flavor was good. I will be making this again but will use less shallots. The recipe was easy to make. The directions were easy to follow. Thanks for a good recipe and good luck with the conteest
Easy. Used marinated drained, quartered artichokes. Pignoli browned in the oven, not before. Cheese didn't melt very well. It was still yummy.