Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good single-serving recipe! I had this last night (no cream for me, though).
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (spring onion)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cooked artichoke hearts, fresh,frozen,or canned,cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Bring the stock, scallion, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and return to the boil, stirring occasionally.
I doubled this like most other revieweres. I added some garlic and I used the heavy cream. It's only a few tbsps, right? I thought it was great, especially if you love artichokes. The fresh lemon juice is a must! Thanx for sharing!
I used some of the artichoke juice from the can too. No cream for me either! Might like to try garlic next time.
Absolutely delicious soup! I doubled everything for DH and myself and it was just a tad too lemony for me. Next time I will just add 1 tsp. to the doubled ingredients. I also blended the chokes in my food processor first to give it a creamier texture and then added the tiniest pinch of thyme. Fantastic soup, I will definitely make again! Thanks for posting!